Monday, November 3, 2008

Charity begins at the studio...


I am asked periodically to donate paintings to charity and sometimes I do. This year I donated a piece to the Western Heritage Museum in Cheyenne,WY. I also donated a piece, as I do annually, to the Bradford School auction. The Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design approached me about painting a canvas for their upcoming auction. I became acquainted with the school during my last show on the campus at the Steele Gallery. It is an excellent art school and I felt honored to have a show there as well as honored to be asked to paint a canvas for there auction. I painted one of my favorite subjects a partially peeled orange. The 3rd annual Art Bash is December 6th and the funds go to the scholarship fund. These auctions are a great way to get a painting (sometimes at a significant discount) and at the same time donate to charity.

No comments: